Narrow Gauge Locomotive Experience Days at Bala Lake Railway
Driver Experience Package – £750
Their Experience Days represent excellent value for money and a great day out for anyone who’s ever fancied being an engine driver for the day.
Come along for a full day’s footplate experience including:
- Preparation of the locomotive of your choice from their fleet (subject to availability)
- Expert and friendly tuition on how to fire and drive the engine
- Two full return trips, totaling 18 miles, driving your engine along the Bala Lake Railway
- Bring up to three guests for a ride on your train
- Morning tea or coffee for you and your guests
- Lunch for you and your guests
- Afternoon tea for you and your guests
- A certificate to commemorate your day with them
- One years membership of the Bala Lake Railway Society
Your day starts at 9.00am where an experienced Bala Lake Railway driver will meet and greet you and give you a safety briefing. You can help with preparing the loco of your choice and helping raise steam as well as the all-important polishing of brasses.
Once steam is raised you will take the controls of one of our famous locomotives for 2 trips from Llanuwchllyn to Bala and return.
Every experience is unique to you.
They make a great present for a family member or loved one or you can just indulge yourself. They can accommodate up to 3 guests with each guest driver.