Explore their stunning gardens designed by famous American landscape architects Oehme, van Sweden (OVS), visit the Manor House featuring their spectacular collection of American decorative and folk art, and their temporary exhibitions showcasing a range of different topics, as well as their children’s garden, American Garden Deli and shop.
The brand-new American Garden Deli has stunning views across the gardens and the Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, from inside the Deli and from their sun-soaked terrace. It’s a unique place for visitors to relax and enjoy excellent American-inspired food, with produce grown by their gardeners in the Mount Vernon Garden, supported by fantastic suppliers in the South West. The walls are lined with stunning photos from famous photographer Carinthia West, showcasing iconic rock stars, actors and models from the 1970s based on her many travels and time living in the United States, which creates a special space with an authentic American feel.
Their Gallery Shop has a variety of gifts and mementos for you to purchase. From American candy to kids toys, books to quilts, homeware to cards. They know you won’t want to leave empty handed.
The American Museum & Gardens is the perfect day out for visitors of all ages. They have lots of family activities onsite to enjoy both indoors and out including:
- a dedicated children’s garden and play area
- craft activities on weekends and school holidays in our stables
- interactives, games and dressing up clothes in the Museum where you can try on historic American clothing
- child friendly special exhibitions such as dinosaurs or LEGO bricks – check their what’s onpage for latest information
- an arboretum with natural springs perfect for a splash around – make sure to look out for their American redwood tree
- parklands and woodlands for further exploration with stunning views across the landscape
- kid menus in their American Garden Deli with tasty American food options sure to be a hit with little ones, they also have ice-cream, desserts, high chairs as well as a sun-soaked terrace with further seating
- enjoy a picnic in any of the spaces on their lovely grounds
- take advantage of the gorgeous views from their adult and child sized Adirondack chair
They offer a range of support to all of their visitors including noise cancelling headphones in both child and adult sizes which can be borrowed from the Ticket Office free of charge. Please see their Access Guide for more details on what to expect onsite.
Taking inspiration from nature and the landscape, they’ve created a magical space where children can engage with the natural world and American culture, with play experts the Green Play Project. The Children’s Garden is a place for families of all ages to spend time together.
All of the play equipment has been ROSPA checked and we undertake daily checks of paths, walkways and the surrounding area. Use of the equipment is at your own risk.
Even more to explore
The New American Garden and Mount Vernon Garden also await explorers of all ages. From winding paths and colourful flowers to woodland wanders with your four-legged friends, there is something for everyone to enjoy.