Visitors are welcome to come on board, have a look around, climb the steps to the upper decks, and have a chat with their knowledgeable volunteer guides and crew. It’s free to visit – donations are gratefully received, though! – and booking is not required, but please note that large groups may not be permitted to board if the ship is busy.
The Matthew is generally open for visitors during these hours when moored at Princes Wharf. However, opening hours are subject to change without notice.
- The Matthew may open at different times than the advertised opening hours. Reasons may include (but are not restricted to) public or private trips taking place, a lack of daylight, poor weather conditions, and general visitor safety due to maintenance.
- During the winter we carry out our annual maintenance programme, so the ship may be closed to the general public or away from its usual mooring at any time.
- During their summer season, they run regular public and private trips so they may be away from their mooring or closed to the general public. If they are not at their mooring, keep an eye out for them as they sail around the harbour!
- The Matthew will be closed in the case of bad weather, whatever the time of year.
- The Matthew is closed on Mondays throughout the year.