They’re celebrating their centenary in style with a BIG Birthday ZOOnanza on Saturday 1st and Sunday 2nd July, and they want you to join them!
They’re planning a jam-packed weekend of live music, activities, talks, the unveiling of their Centenary Hub and much, much more. All this will be included in your normal zoo admission ticket price.
They’ve been searching the Paignton Zoo archives, and have put together their favourite stories and photos from the past 100 years in a special exhibition. They’ll be officially opening the Centenary Hub at the Ranch on Saturday 1st July at 11am. Come along to reminisce on the zoo’s history and learn more about their plans for the future!
They’ve enlisted a range of local bands and musicians to entertain you over the course of the weekend. They’ll be releasing a full line-up nearer the time!
On top of seeing lots of amazing animals, we’ve prepared a jam-packed itinerary of activities throughout the weekend:
- The Little Village People will be bringing in a special pop-up mini village for your little ones to immerse themselves in imaginative role play.
- Spot their roaming entertainer around the zoo … Professor Seymour Stuff the explorer!
- Make some music in their drop-in workshops with The Rock Project.
- Travel back in time to the 1920s with their walking storytelling sessions, where you’ll hear terrific tales from our past.
- Watch local artist Andrew Madgwick live sculpt some of their animal icons!
- Take part in their centenary craft activities, including pebble painting and badge making.
- Join their zoo rangers to discover more about their animals in talks and activities throughout the day.
Food and drink
They’ll be putting on a special menu in the zoo restaurant and cabins around the site. Plus, they’ll be serving their centenary collaboration ale with Bays Brewery – Wild 100!
This is a weekend you don’t want to miss!