The Tank Museum brings the story of tanks and their crews to life. Experience the biggest day out in history with interactive exhibitions, 300 tanks, kids activities, and more at Dorset’s largest indoor attraction.
Get involved with hands-on games and interactives, see tanks roar round the arena, and experience a tracked vehicle rides.
- Open daily 9.30am-5pm
- Tanks in Action Displays running at 1pm Monday to Thursday until 29 August
- Tracked vehicle rides every day until 28 August
- Kids’ activities based on Mobility, Firepower and Protection
- Vehicle Conservation Centre open every day
- Allow 4-5hrs for your visit
See armoured vehicles roar round the arena
- At 1pm Monday – Thursdays during the holidays until 28 August
- Live tank battle, lifelike explosions, and the opportunity to get into the arena and participate in the display
- Meet the crew and get close to the vehicles from the display afterwards
Get into the arena yourself with a vehicle ride.
- Available 22 July – 28 August
- Weekdays 1030-1200 & 1345-1630 and weekends 1030-1200 & 1300-1630
- Ride in a real tracked vehicle – a Cold War M548 troop carrier
- £4 per person or £13.50 for a family of four, pay on the day
- Visitors must be over 1.25m tall
There’s loads of family fun at The Tank Museum!
- Our ten powerful exhibitions are full of interactives suitable for all ages, with games, puzzles, and hands-on activities
- Children can explore with our free Commander Basil trail and activity book, and win a prize for collecting all the stamps
- Free soft play and colouring in the Cold War Hall
- Dressing up, trails and talks throughout the Museum